UA-53786252-1

Monday, September 8, 2014

Bake it Fun Baking Mat












I was asked to review a baking mat for the  Bake it Fun company. This is the first baking mat I've ever owned so I was very open and excited about trying one.
The very first thing I noticed was the size of the mat. Its large enough to cover the entire bottom of a large cookie sheet as you can see from the photo I provided. Also its made of  a thick and sturdy silicone rubber like material. Its not flimsy at all which helps out a lot when moving it with cookies on it. Another nice thing about it is they put handy ruler measurements on all sides of the mat which helps out a lot in the kitchen. You could use this mat to lay out and measure fondant for cakes easily. 

 I decided to use the mat to make some break & bake white chocolate macademia nut cookies. When you lay out your cookie dough there's little predefined spots for you to put the dough. When you're ready to put the cookies in the preheated oven I find it best to slide your oven rack out as far as you can then gently lay the mat on the rack and slide it back in. This prevents the mat from bunching up when you're trying to place it and it keeps you from getting burnt!  As I watched the cookies bake right away I noticed how they all bake evenly at the same exact time. So there's no hot spots. I also noticed my cookies got done a couple minutes sooner than with using a traditional metal cookie sheet.

Afterward, cleanup was a breeze! You just wipe clean the baking mat with a clean paper towel and store away for the next use. That's another great thing about the baking mat it doesn't take up tons of room in your cabinets to store unlike traditional metal cookie sheets. The cookies I made turned out great. Moist and chewy on the inside and lightly browned on the outside just like we wanted them! 


If you would like to watch I have included a few videos of me using the baking mat along with this. 



Also if you would like to order a baking mat for yourself here is the Amazon link to where you can place your order:
http://bit.ly/bakeitf



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment