UA-53786252-1

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Morning Pep Almond Flour


 

Its a new year and a lot of us are looking for ways to eat healthier. Well almond flour maybe right for you. Almond flour is made from ground bleached almonds and steamed pasteurized almonds. It is ground super fine and is a light powder just like with traditional all purpose flour. Almond flour is also gluten free, cholesterol free, and non GMO. So if you're on a gluten free, low cholesterol, and/or non GMO diet then almond flour is an excellent choice for you and your family. 

I'll admit I had never tried nor knew much about almond flour before I was given the opportunity to review this product. But after doing some research on it I was excited to give it a try. It is low in saturated fat, contains no trans fat, low in sugar, and high in fiber. Some other great benefits of almond flour I found was that it is kosher and low sodium. Recently I was put on a strict low sodium diet from my doctor. I am a desserts and sweets lover and I was glad to find an alternative to where I could keep to my diet and still have my sweets. Basically have my cake and eat it too! The Morning Pep brand offers almond flour in 2 convenient sizes 2 pound and 5 pound packages. They also make their product in the USA and that's important to me to buy products made in this country. 
So after doing a lot of research and receiving the product I decided to give it a try. And what did I decide to make?  You guessed it sweets! I made a delicious red velvet cake from scratch using almond flour instead of regular all purpose flour. Here is how it turned out:

Let me tell you it turned our just as delicious as it looks. It didn't taste like almonds either in case you're wondering. It had a delicious taste that was far better than when you buy the boxed cake mix. It was really light and raised up way over the pans in the oven. I ended up having to make extra icing to cover such a large cake. Everyone in my house loved this cake and never suspected it was made with almond flour. In case you're wondering here is a link to the recipe I used:

Here are some other great recipes I found for almond flour:
The muffins you can add your favorite fruit to such as fresh blueberries, banana, strawberries, apples, or whatever you like.

If you would like to learn more about almond flour or to purchase a bag, here is the link:
Be sure to subscribe on their website for monthly savings.










No comments:

Post a Comment