UA-53786252-1

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Enjoy These Limited Edition
 Summer Scents 
From Softsoap 
Before They're Gone Like Summer 

Transport Yourself to the 
Beaches of Brazil
I must admit I'm a big lover of summer and all things summer. In the summer I love eating all the summer foods like watermelon, coconut, cucumber, melon, and the rest. Not only do I love the taste but I love the scent of fresh coconut, cucumber, and the rest. I usually buy lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash with these scents all year round. Its known that hair care products with these ingredients in them especially coconut help smooth and moisturize your hair so I was excited to try these body washes out and see how they do on my skin. The 2 that Colgate-Palmolive sent me to try are the Softsoap Coconut Splash and Summer Breeze scents. They both came in a generous sized 18 oz bottles so I have a hefty supply to try out. I should also mention these are available now until September 2016 and can be found at most grocery and retail stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, Meijer, and more. They retail for around $2.99 a bottle. 

First thing I noticed when I flipped up their caps was they both smell great! The Softsoap Coconut Splash smells just like fresh coconut as you would expect. The Softsoap Summer Breeze was a fruity melon smell with hints of cucumber so to me it smells very fruity and fresh like summer. Both body washes aren't watery and I didn't need to use a bunch in the shower to get a nice lather going on my washcloth or body poof. I have combination skin and by that I mean I have very oily skin on my face and really dry skin on my arms and legs. It can be a real pain and almost impossible to find soap that moisturizes my dry skin areas and doesn't cause pimple break outs in my oily areas. I'm also dealing with a bad case of dry, itchy skin on my legs leftover from winter. I also should mention I take 2 showers a day to keep my oily skin in check and avoid breakouts.  With all that to deal with I decided to give these Softsoap body washes a try and see what they could do for me. 

I've been using both the Softsoap body washes I received free to test out from Colgate-Palmolive for 2 weeks now using them twice a day every time I showered. I rotate the scents back and forth and I honestly can't pick which one I love more. They both smell really good and the scent stays with me for hours after I shower. I can still smell it on my skin which is one of the things I love about these. If I use a facial scrub on my face before I can use these on my face as well as the rest of my body without having any breakouts. The dry skin areas on my fingers (cuticle areas), knees, elbow, feet, and legs are way less dry and some are almost completely gone. My skin feels softer and smoother way more so than when I wash with bar soap. My skin doesn't feel heavy, greasy, or weighted down after I use the Softsoap body washes either. I've tried other brands of body washes and some made my skin feel greasy and weighted down and I didn't like that feeling. I get out of the shower and my skin feels clean, soft, smells like coconuts, or tropical fruits (depending on the scent I use), and I feel clean and refreshed. That's just what I expect to feel when I get out of the shower. I've also noticed since I started using these Softsoap body washes is shaving has become so much easier. I no longer get the dreaded and painful nicks and cuts on my legs when I shave. The razor glides more smoothly on my skin. I used to almost always cut myself around my knees because the skin was drier there. I'm happy to report my knees are no longer cut up now when I shave!

My overall opinion of the Softsoap Summer Breeze and Coconut Splash body washes that I received from Colgate-Palmolive are spectacular! I will definitely be stocking up on these before these scents go away in September. I've already found both scents at the Wal-Mart that I shop at regularly. Hopefully Softsoap will decide to make these two scents a permanent in their line or decide to bring them back every summer. 

If you would like to find out more about these products or about Softsoap, please check out their website here:

I received these products to test out and review from Colgate-Palmolive. All of the opinions expressed here are mine 100% and are honest and unbiased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment