UA-53786252-1

Monday, August 18, 2014

Australian Tea Tree Oil

What is Tea Tree Oil? Yep that was my first question also when I was asked to review this product.  When I received the bottle in the mail the very first thing I noticed was its smell. It has a wonderful woodsy type almost pine tree smell that I find to be very relaxing and thereapuetic.  I soon learned that it is an all natural product so it doesn't contain any mineral oil, chemical solvents, petroleum, parabens, fragrances, artificial colors or preservatives. Those are ingredients most of us are trying to stay away from anyway. So yes it is healthy and it has a nice natural fragrance but what do we do with it?

Here's your answer: It is a topical agent to be applied to the skin, and also can be used as a household cleaner and disinfectant. Wait what? You can use this on your skin and to clean the house? Yes that's right it can do both. For the skin it can be used to treat ,minor cuts and burns or serve as an antiseptic. As well as an antifungal or antibacterial agent. It heals athlete's foot,eczema, yeast infections, and other types of bacterial or fungal ailments.  I used mine on a dry, itchy patch of skin I had just below my knee. And in about a weeks time of applying the product daily my skin felt softer and the itching has since stopped completely. Also I have a number of body piercings and recently had my nose pierced. I treated my new piercing with the tea tree oil and it cut down on my healing time by about half.  I was able to change out the jewelry after 5 weeks instead of the usually 2-3 months.  You just put a small amount on a cotton swab and blot the piercing several times a day.

Next I wanted to try this stuff out around the house. I had a spot on a mirror that had sticky stuff on it that window cleaner or vinegar just couldn't remove.  So I diluted with 1 part tea tree oil and 2 parts water a small amount onto a cloth and swabbed at the sticky stuff and within about a minute the stickiness was gone.  No more dirty mirror.

Here is a link to 25 great uses for tea tree oil: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2013/04/25-uses-for-tea-tree-oil.html 
Also here is the Amazon link for you to order a bottle for yourself: Amazon product page http://www.amazon.com/Australian-Potency-Aromatherapy-Household-Cleaning/dp/B00GF1NZLY/ie=UTF8?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&keywords=tea+tree+oil




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment